This blog meme might turn out to be harder than I thought. I think the purpose is to encourage the blogger to think positively and think of five things that made them happy/grateful/inspired this week.
Although I’m 99% an optimist, I do have my moments. If I’ve had a cranky making week, we could see:
1. Didn’t tell anyone off.
2. Was unable to reach my butt with the toe of my boot and give myself a swift kick.
3. Ate like a pig and loved every bite, oink oink oink.
4. Dreamed I was in college and late for a test…
5. Slid in dog poo.
Without further ado:
1. Spring feels close! Except for today which tragically wants to be wintery, feast your eyes on this forecast:
I started a fresh garden notebook this morning.
I’ve dreamily plotted out my garden season. Noted the seeds I already have so I don’t duplicate when I’m out shopping.
My plant stand needs to be cleaned off but I arranged all of the seed trays and covers on it so I can see what I have.
Tomorrow I step out into the sunshine!
2. After losing my beloved Maximus Prime beagle to cancer recently, I find myself trying to win over our other beagle. She really only loves my husband and son (as Max only loved me) but I am in need of beagleness and beagle snuggles. She is coming and laying by me more often even when the more desirable ones are around. I will win her over with belly rubs, kisses on the head and soft beagle talk.
3. March is National Crochet Month! I’m piecing together the afghan I reported on last March–my how time flies. I’m winding my purple skeins of yarn into balls in preparation for starting that next project.
4. I’m pleased I’m posting regularly on my blogs. And a few peeps are stopping by. Thanks!
5. The best thing this week was seeing a new oncologist and once more getting a clean scan report. I have outlasted my original diagnosis of 24 months (like a boss) and am whooshing my way towards my fifth “cancerversary”. D.O.A. still, but in a good way 🙂